A contemporary Global Cruise company based in Central Southampton are seeking to recruit an German Air Operations Coordinator on a 3 month temporary basis. Your role will be to support the helpdesk and book and issue all scheduled airline tickets.
The Company was established over 50 years ago, and since then has been breaking the boundaries of traditional cruises by offering its customers the freedom and flexibility to design their individual cruise packages.
As the German Air Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Issuance of all airline tickets incorporating groups, allocations, nett, IT, BT, Cat 35 fares as per airline contracts and in addition published fares as necessary.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met regarding ticketing time limits and that tickets are issued according to required despatch timelines.
- Understanding and correct interpretation of all fare rules to ensure accurate issuance of all tickets to ensure ADMs are minimised.
- Issuance of tickets at the lowest cost in order to maximise revenue
- Execution of ticketing reports to check for 100% accuracy – examining names, flight schedules and cancellations providing correct data prior to ticketing
- Providing assistance for all ticketing contract related queries and solving any related issues
- Recalculate fares and reissue tickets on an ad-hoc basis to meet the ever changing needs of the customer
- Liaising with internal agents to plan and prioritise issuance of tickets by sailing date
- Manage and action all emails in rotation with other team members
- Handling queries from direct guests and travel agents via phone
- Booking flights with best connections including low cost allocations and scheduled carriers
- Liaising and assisting colleagues with excess work load within the Air Department
- On call support for Emergency Duties
The successful candidate for the German Air Operations Coordinator will:
- Experience in issuing different kinds of tickets – nett/BT/IT/Cat 35/ published fares
- Fares and ticketing 1&2 qualifications or 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience & understanding of Amadeus CRS (preferred) or another GDS
- Fluent German
In return the German Air Operations Coordinator will receive a salary of £22000-£23000. The company offer a modern working environment and free parking nearby. Shift pattern hours are applicable from 08:00-20:00 plus 2 weekends per month
To apply for the job click ”apply for job” to send us a copy of your CV.