Our client are an award winning, ambitious, rapidly growing technology company who are looking to recruit a specialist Business Development Manager to develop targeted opportunities and win business for their expanding rack integration business unit.
They are an ambitious company with an aggressive growth plan to meet their milestone for an IPO. This is an important role in order to support the company’s development during this time and initiate a number of key accounts in order to drive sales and profit.
The job responsibilities of the Business Development Manager will include:
- Preparation of sales prospecting plans focused on creating engagement opportunities in strategic key accounts for rack integration business.
- Engage in a mix of opportunity nurturing and relationship building activities to identify, and progress prospects to customers.
- Focus on forging personal relationships through predominantly face to face engagement.
- Pro actively manage and regularly report own pipeline to ensure meeting (or exceeding) personal targets.
- Liaison with appropriate Technical/Procurement/Production functions to ensure proposals/quotations are technically sound and commercially viable to deliver the quoted margins.
- Select key accounts with potential to grow and prepare and execute a Target Key Account Development Plans (ADPs) by defining key activities that need to be done to increase the share of the customer’s business.
The successful Business Development Manager must have:
- a strong background in a field based business development, sales and account management role with proven experience in delivering a multi million sales target.
- prior experience in selling 19″ rack related products either from component sets or from more integrated systems. Whilst the role is commercial and does not call for detailed technical depth, this is a desirable component.
- industrial B2B market sector experience with an industrial computing, electronics, IT/technology related background.
The successful Business Development Manager will:
- be a robust individual who is eager and keen to take on new challenges and enjoys a target driven environment.
- be an effective negotiator with polished customer facing sales skills.
- require a full and clean driving licence, and be someone who enjoys travelling and meeting people in their work.
- be confident with a strong ability in presenting to key stakeholders both internally and externally, over a range of different job roles.
- be able to communicate and deliver a persuasive customer context value proposition specific to the needs of individual customers.
As this role may be based remotely from their head office, you will need to be a self starter and able to manage your own time and prioritise effectively.
Salary range: £35,000 -£45,000 + Uncapped Commission
Bonus: Company and Personal Performance Related (KPI’s) Pension: Contributed Pension Scheme
Flexitime: 10am – 4pm core hours (37.5hrs/week)
Holidays: 28 days (including Public holidays). Ability to build up an additional 5 days paid holiday with tenure.
If this sounds like the ideal Business Development Manager role for you we’d love to hear from you. Click “apply now” and send us your CV or call us on 02380 220 601.